Award Winners: Exploring All of Chevy’s Recent Accolades
There are a number of reasons why a car buyer might pursue a certain type of vehicle. While we’d never suggest using accolades as your sole reference, these awards can at least give you an idea of what each targeted car is able to deliver.
Fortunately, each of Chevy’s vehicles have collected an assortment of awards and accolades over the past year. It can be tough sorting through all of the applicable press releases, so we’ve compiled all of the relevant awards below. Then, when it’s time to visit Chevy dealers in Dayton, Ohio, you’ll have even more information that you can rely on as you’re searching for your ideal vehicle…
Chevy Bolt EV
This mid-size car has been awarded with a number of different accolades, but reviewers tend to focus on the same attribute: the electric capabilities. This electric vehicle allows drivers to take advantage of 238 miles of electric range, meaning owners can save a large chunk of money at the gas pump. Meanwhile, the sleek exterior and roomy interior makes for a surprisingly elegant and comfortable car.
- 2017 Motor Trend Car of the Year
- 2017 North American Car of the Year
- 2017 Green Car of the Year, Awarded by Green Car Journal
- 2017 Car and Driver 10Best
- 2017 Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value: Electric
Similar to the Bolt EV, the Chevy Volt has also been commended for its incredible efficiency. The vehicle delivers an impressive 53-mile range when operating on the electric engine, but these numbers are improved when drivers rely on the standard gasoline unit. When behind the wheel of the 2017 Chevy Volt, drivers can expect to take advantage of a 42 mile per gallon combined fuel efficiency, numbers that are rarely seen elsewhere in the industry.
- 2017 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick+ (when equipped with available Driver Confidence II Package)
- Autobytel 2016 Car of the Year
- 2016 Green Car of the Year, Awarded by Green Car Journal
For a subcompact car, the Chevy Spark is as intimidating as you’re going to get. With engineers relying on international vehicles as they looked to design the car, the Chevy Spark doesn’t truly have a comparable rival on the market.
- Kelley Blue Book’s 2017 Five-Year Cost to Own (Subcompact Car)
- Kelley Blue Book’s 10 Most Affordable Cars
The previously-mentioned vehicles were just as small as the Chevy Sonic, but none of those offerings provide the sportiness that this car delivers. As a result, the Sonic is the perfect choice for those seeking an unmatched small-car driving experience.
- J.D. Power Most Dependable Small Car
- 2016 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick (when equipped with available Forward Collision Alerts)
The Malibu was awarded with a number of safety accolades, and for very good reason. After all, this sedan provides drivers with a number of useful safety amenities. For instance, when drivers are traveling at high speeds, the vehicle will automatically apply the brakes if it senses that you’re approaching a stationary object at too great of a speed.
- 2017 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Safety Pick (when equipped with available Driver Confidence Package)
- U.S. News and World Report Best Midsize Car for Families
- U.S. News and World Report Best Hybrid Car For Families
The Impala certainly isn’t a luxury car, but the vehicle is as opulent as you could possibly get without having to dish out a significant sum of money.
- Kelley Blue Book 2017 Five-Year Cost to Own (Full-Size Car)
- U.S. News and World Reports Best Large Car for the Money
- Kelley Blue Book 10 Most Comfortable Cars Under $30K
This legendary vehicle has always been known for its sportiness and power. Nowadays, drivers are particularly focused on the car’s reliability, which explains why it was commended for its superb resale value.
- J.D. Power Most Dependable Midsize Sporty Car (five years running)
- 2017 Car and Driver 10Best
- Kelley Blue Book 2016 Best Resale Value
The Corvette will always be reserved for those with deeper pockets, but that shouldn’t take away from all of the car’s impressive attributes. 2017 was once again a banner year for the model, explaining why it was named one of the top vehicle’s of the year.
- 2017 Car and Driver 10Best
Not everyone is seeking an SUV for its roominess. While the Trax certainly provides plenty of interior space, the vehicle is more known for its drivability and assortment of technological amenities.
- Kelley Blue Book 10 Tech-Savviest Cars Under $20K
- Kelley Blue Book Most Fuel Efficient SUVs
Roominess and efficiency. These two attributes are rarely seen paired together, as larger vehicles often require more fuel. Well, that probably explains why the Equinox is one of the most popular SUV options in the industry. Passengers will appreciate the 39.9-inches of rear leg room, while the driver will enjoy the 31 mile per gallon efficiency on the highway.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick Midsize SUV (when equipped with Available Forward Collision Alert)
Meanwhile, there are others who are pursuing SUVs because of the vehicle’s stature. If that’s you, then you certainly won’t be disappointed with the Chevy Traverse, as the vehicle provides a class-leading 116.3-cubic-feet of cargo room.
- U.S. News and World Report 2016 Best Large Car for the Money
- ASG Best Five All-Around Performance
Beautiful. Dependable. Powerful. These are all adjectives that have been used to describe the Chevy Tahoe, and this reinforces why the SUV was awarded with so many accolades.
- J.D. Power Most Dependable Large SUV
- Kelley Blue Book 2017 Five-Year Cost to Own (Full-Size SUV/Crossover)
- Kelley Blue Book 12 Best Family Cars
- U.S. News and World Report Best Large SUV for Families
- Kelley Blue Book 2016 Best Resale Value: Full-Size SUV/Crossover
The most rugged SUV offered by Chevy, the Suburban was lauded for its excellent resale value.
- Kelley Blue Book 2017 Best Resale Value: Full-size SUV/Crossover
Power and efficiency? You certainly wouldn’t expect that from a pickup, but that probably explains why the Chevy Colorado is not your typical truck. The V6 engine is capable of delivering a 26 mile per gallon highway fuel efficiency, while the incredible 305 horsepower results in a 7,000-pound towing capacity.
- U.S. News and World Report Best Compact Truck for the Money
- Kelley Blue Book Five-Year Cost to Own (Mid-Size Pickup)
- Edmunds Most Wanted Midsize Truck
- 2017 Autobytel Buyer’s Choice Award: Best Small Truck
The Chevy Silverado is probably the perfect replication of what enthusiasts envisioned when they thought of a pickup truck in 2017. Luxury, technology, and performance are the main attributes of this hulking vehicle
- J.D. Power Most Dependable Large Heavy Duty Pickup
- Kelley Blue Book Five-Year Cost to Own (Full-Size Pickup)
- Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value: Full Size Pickup