7 Tell Tale Signs You Need New Brakes
No one likes to hear that their vehicle is in need of repair. The first thing most of us envision when we hear the words “auto repair,” is dollar signs and money flying out of our pockets.
Avoiding timely repairs when needed, however, can end up costing you more in the long run. If you are aware of your vehicle’s health status, then you will know as soon as it needs to be seen for auto repair in Cincinnati OH and can avoid those extra unnecessary costs.
Just like we expect our vehicles to get us where we need to go, we also expect them to keep us relatively safe. A lot of consumers are concerned with the latest safety technologies, which are great, but very few people give the most important safety feature much thought: brakes. We need brakes to stop our car, and without them, we would be in a world of danger.
Safety Check: 7 Signs You May Need New Brakes
The best way to prevent car accidents due to faulty brakes, is to know the signs that your vehicle may need a new braking system. Check out our 7 tell tale signs below, and if you experience any of them, bring them in for inspection right away!
- Pulling. The vehicle pulls to one side or another when applying the brakes.
- Grabbing. The faintest touch of your foot to the pedal makes the brakes grab.
- Noise. Clicking, grinding, or screeching noises when you press down on the brake pedal.
- Low Pedal. Before you even touch the pedal, it is already almost touching the floor of your vehicle.
- Hard Pedal. In order to engage the brake, you have to apply an extreme amount of pressure.
- Light. The brake light turns “on” on your vehicle’s dashboard.
- Vibration. Anytime you apply pressure to the brake, the pedal pulses or vibrates.
If you experience any of these symptoms, bring your vehicle in for inspection as soon as possible, and stay safe behind the wheel!