Chevy Traverse Offers Families Everything They Want and Need
The new 2013 Chevrolet Traverse crossover-utility vehicle, available now at McCluskey Chevrolet, offers families a new gathering space with greater style, refinement and safety. It goes into production later this year, building on the space, comfort and efficiency that have made Traverse popular.
With a starting price $30,340, plus $825 dealer freight charge, it delivers a new athletic exterior and a more refined interior with class-leading space for cargo and up to eight passengers. The 2013 Chevrolet Traverse has new and industry-exclusive safety features, improved car-like ride and handling and an, athletic exterior design that is complemented by a more expressive front end that introduces a new face for Chevrolet crossover utilities.
The front features a new shape supported by a powerdome hood, a three-bar upper and two-bar lower grille design, new lamps, chrome accents around the grille and fog lamps, and sculpted front corners similar to the Malibu sedan. The new design captures the overall character of Chevy’s new car lineup, for a consistent family resemblance.
At the rear, redesigned lamps and the license plate pocket are positioned in the new liftgate for a sportier look.
“Cincinnati area families are going to love the new Traverse,” says McCluskey Chevrolet CEO, Keith McCluskey. “It has the capabilities of an SUV, with as much room as a minivan. It’s functional and really reflects the needs of today’s busy families.”
The Traverse’s highlights include:
- Class-leading spaciousness, comfortable and flexible seating for up to eight adults, and more cargo-carrying capacity than any other vehicle in its segment.
- Upgraded materials include soft-touch surfaces on the instrument panel and front door uppers, contrasting stitching, chrome and silver accents, and available blue ambient lighting that flows through the cabin.
- New center stack that showcases a 6.5-inch color touch radio with the available Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system, as well as large and illuminated climate controls that are easier to use and have a more upscale feel.
- Eight-way power passenger seat that includes leather trim. New wood trim treatments are standard on LT and LTZ.
- Three interior color choices, in cloth or leather, including Ebony and Mojave, Light Titanium and Dark Titanium, and Ebony.
- Three rows of seating standard on all models, flexible seating configurations, class-leading people and cargo-carrying capacity.
- Second-row seat comes with a pair of captain’s chairs or a three-passenger bench and incorporates Traverse’s child-friendly, second-row SmartSlide feature that enables unobstructed access to the third-row bench seat with one hand – and is easy for children to operate.
- Third-row seat can comfortably accommodate three adult passengers.
- A technically advanced 3.6L V-6 engine with fuel-saving direct injection technology and a six-speed automatic transmission.
- The available intelligent all-wheel-drive (AWD) system provides increased traction on slippery roads.
- Traverse maintains capability to deliver improved ride and handling, offering utility-like towing capacity of up to 5,200 pounds (2,358 kg).
- Offered in LS, LT and LTZ models (with two LT packages: 1LT and 2LT), in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations.
The Chevrolet Traverse is designed with families in mind. It offers the comfort and space families need to accommodate their busy lifestyles.