Top 5 Features of 2016 Traverse
The Traverse is the largest crossover in Chevrolet’s lineup, offering seating for up to eight passengers, and plenty of room for all of their luggage. With a class-leading cargo capacity, and interior volume that competes with most minivans, it’s no wonder that the Traverse is such a popular option in its segment.
In production since 2009, the Traverse has received slight revisions since, but the latest model gives drivers a long list of added options. The newly updated 2016 Chevy Traverse offers exceptional new features, giving it a leg up on the competition.
5 Best Features of 2016 Traverse
A lot has changed on the newest model year of the Traverse, and while it has not been completely restyled, the changes are significant enough to make a big difference. There are many great changes made the the large crossover SUV, but we have narrowed it down to our favorite five to share with you today. Check them out below!
- Class Leading Cargo Space: The 2016 Traverse offers more interior cargo room than any other vehicle in its segment. Offering a maximum cargo capacity of 116.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down, the Traverse can accommodate whatever it is you need to transport. Even with all of the seating occupied by passengers, the crossover still manages 24.4 cubic feet of space behind the third row.
- Technology to Keep You Connected: The newest version of the Traverse not only keeps you current with the latest in-vehicle technology, it also helps you stay connected like never before. The available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi systems allows up to seven devices to be connected at one time, for seamless integration on the move. Passengers can keep their devices charged with three standard USB ports throughout the interior cabin.
- New Packages: For 2016, Traverse owners can opt to add the Driver Confidence and Leather packages to the LT trim level which adds leather seating, eight-way power driver and passenger seats, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert, and a power folding driver’s mirror complete with auto-dimming technology and turn-signal indicators built in.
- Industry-First Safety: The 2016 Traverse offers the industry’s first Front Center Air Bag, a feature that is leading the automotive world in safety innovation. Deploying between the driver and front passenger, the optional air bag adds extra cushioning to protect the two passengers from colliding in the event of a collision. This unique addition to the Traverse helps it achieve the highest safety ratings from the IIHS as well as the NHTSA.
- New Exterior Color Options: The latest Traverse model offers newly revised exterior paint options, replacing the dull colors of past model years. The new Traverse is offered with two new color choices – Mosaic Black Metallic, and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat. These new offerings replace the previous Black Granite Metallic and White Diamond Tricoat, respectively.
The 2016 Traverse is expected to be the last version before the full-size crossover enters into its second generation. The refresh that the Traverse has received for its 2016 model year was definitely needed, especially in terms of the added technological upgrades. We love what hte new Traverse offers drivers, and can’t wait to see what the bowtie brand has in store for the SUV in the future.