Why Your Car Needs an Oil Change
Are you the type of car owner who frequently puts off their vehicle’s oil change due to a busy schedule, or the simple inconvenience factor? Regularly scheduled maintenance on a car is like going to the dentist. Keep things in clean working order, and your vehicle (and oral health) will remain in clean working order. As annoying as it may be, it’s important to follow the suggested maintenance schedule that came with your vehicle, for a variety of reasons.
Reasons to Get Your Oil Changed Regularly
What about oil is so important that it keeps your vehicle in proper working order? A lot, actually. Check out a few things oil does to help your vehicle out on a daily basis:
- Keeps your engine lubricated
- Moves heat away from your vehicle’s engine
- The oil moves throughout your engine ensuring that metal parts are moving smoothly together
- During its journey, oil pulls dirt out of your engine
So what happens when you neglect to get your vehicle’s oil changed when recommended? Nothing good, that’s for sure. Take a look below at a few of the negative impacts dirty oil can have on your car.
- Dirty oil does not properly lubricate the engine, and will instead wear your engine down.
- Your engine will become congested, and will not run properly
- Internal parts that need clean oil to stay lubricated and moving, will stick together
- A combination of these things will lead to engine failure, along with a MAJOR repair bill
Imagine being without your vehicle for several days, if not weeks, due to engine failure from dirty oil. The thirty-minute inconvenience of having your oil changed has now turned into a long nightmare, with a big bill at the end of it. Avoid costly repairs and permanent damage to your vehicle, and schedule your oil change today!